Challenger Combination Boiler
High Efficiency Space Heating and Domestic Hot Water in a Compact Package
The Challenger Combination Boiler features a unique "Two in One" heat exchanger that provides both space heating and domestic hot water. The Challenger Combination Boiler is designed to fit the needs of today's energy efficient homes with inputs of 85, 105, and 125 MBH. The Challenger is not only energy efficient with an AFUE of 95%, but space efficient as well.
As a combination boiler, the Challenger eliminates the need for a separate domestic hot water tank. The unique heat exchanger in the Challenger heats domestic hot water directly, allowing the boiler to condense in the DHW mode and eliminating a separate heat exchanger and three-way valve.
- Energy efficient with 95% AFUE
- Condensing efficiency in both Space Heating and DHW modes
- Low NOx – meets SCAQMD requirements
- Dual core heat exchanger with glycol compatible copper waterways
- Domestic hot water produced directly in the primary heat exchanger for lower maintenance
- Advanced control with near 4:1 modulation and standard outdoor reset
- Concentric venting standard on initial production (two-pipe PVC, CPVC, AL29-4C available in Q2, 2011)
- Compact size for closet installation
- Whisper-quiet operation
- EZ-Install piping bracket
- Optional Timesaver primary secondary piping with pump flange